Welcome information and timetables
We’re really looking forward to welcoming you to study at The University of Manchester.
This section contains information for new students studying the below pathway courses:
- Economics (L100);
- Economics and Politics (LL12);
- Economics and Philosophy (LV15);
- Economics and Sociology (LL13);
- Economics and Social Statistics (LL15);
- Development Studies (L900);
- Development Studies and Social Statistics (LL14).
Before you arrive
You will not have to sign up for course units until the week commencing Monday, 28 September 2020.
You should also not try to complete the IT signup until you have received an email from us to do so, as this could cause an issue with your university record.
University Welcome and Induction Week (21 to 25 September 2020)
In the first week of your Welcome and Induction programme, the emphasis will be on study skills and our unique Stellify programme.
See Get ready for further information.
Degree Induction Week (28 September to 2 October 2020)
This is the first week of events that relate to your course. There are lots of important talks and events that you will need to attend online.
Sessions are scheduled to be hosted at the following dates and times:
- Monday 28 September (11am-12pm) - BAEcon Welcome meeting for Finance, Economics & Finance and Accounting & Finance pathway students
- Monday 28 September (1-2pm) - BAEcon Welcome meeting for Economics and Social Sciences pathway students.
- Monday 28 September (2-3pm) - Meet your peer mentor
- Tuesday 29 September (10-11am) - BAEcon general support Q&A
- Tuesday 29 September (11am-12pm) - Mathematics support Q&A
- Tuesday 29 September (12-1pm) - Economics Q&A
- Tuesday 29 September (1-2pm) - Accounting & Finance Q&A (for Finance, Economics & Finance and Accounting & Finance pathway students only)
- Tuesday 29 September (2-3pm) - Social Sciences Q&A
- Tuesday 29 September (3-4pm) - BAEcon general support Q&A
- Thursday 1 October (12-2pm) - Peer mentor course unit selection guidance session
- Friday 2 October (2.30-4pm) - Online social
For more information, download your full Welcome timetable or visit Blackboard.
You should also frequently check your University email address for the latest information and Zoom links.
Support and advice
If have you any questions before you arrive, please email email@example.com.
After you arrive, you can use the contacts given in your pre-arrival email for support during your studies at Manchester.