Welcome information and timetables
Make sure you familiarise yourself with your course Welcome timetable below.
- PGCE Primary Welcome timetable
- PGCE Primary School Direct Welcome timetable
- PGCE Primary pre-programme handbook
The PGCE Secondary timetable commences with four weeks’ intensive work with university tutors. Most of this will be conducted online, in interactive sessions with subject and EPS tutors, designed to introduce key educational themes and to build supportive tutor groups. We will include face to face sessions where possible – all of this is designed to prepare you for your first placement, which will commence in school or college on 12 October.
Welcome letters and reading lists
- English: Welcome
- Mathematics: Welcome
- Mathematics: Subject Knowledge Audit
- Business Education and Economics and Business Education: Welcome
- Economics: Development materials and audit/action plan
- Business Studies: Development materials and audit/action plan
- Geography: Welcome
- Geography: Subject Knowledge Audit
- History: Welcome
- History: Subject Knowledge Audit
- History: Subject Knowledge Presentation
- Science: Welcome
- Science; Subject Knowledge Audit
Student Support and Guidance (SSG)
If you have any questions about support, wellbeing or engagement with your course, you can get in touch with the Student Support and Guidance (SSG) Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the whole range of support available from the University, please visit Manchester’s Student Support website.
Teaching and learning queries
You can use our live chat facility to contact our undergraduate and postgraduate programme support teams for help and advice on things such as registration queries, course unit selection, exams, general programme information, etc.
Live chat is available Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.