Read this information first
Admissions support on The University of Manchester MB ChB programme
The Direct Entry Administrator for the MB ChB programme will shortly be in touch with you and will be your main point of contact for all the necessary requirements of your offer to study here at The University of Manchester as well as induction and arrival.
- DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Check or equivalent;
- University Occupational Health screening;
- Tier 4 Visas and issue of CAS (if applicable);
- completion of registration form for your University Student Record;
- timetable for induction days held here at The University of Manchester;
- arranging transport for students to travel from Preston to the induction days (if you are based at Preston);
- online registration with The University of Manchester and IT sign-up information;
- instructions on completing the University’s mandatory health and safety, induction and data protection elearning modules in Blackboard (accessed via 1Med);
- confirmation of clinical education campus allocation (for IMU and Dentists only).
If you have a general query about the MB ChB programme but are unsure who to contact, the Direct Entry Administrator is the best first point of contact and will be able to answer your query or redirect you to the right person.
Contact: Emma Hamilton
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 2263
Year 3 teaching hospital administrators
In addition to the Direct Entry Administrator you will have a Year 3 Administrator/Coordinator based at your clinical education campus (NHS staff) who will also get in touch with you quite early in the joining process.
Your Year 3 Administrator/Coordinator will be making all the arrangements for your clinical placements as soon as you start and need to contact you regarding these arrangements directly.
From 7 September onwards, you will be based at the clinical education campus at the hospital and therefore will receive information from them in advance about your induction timetable for your start that week as well as your ongoing timetable information for the programme in the 1Med system.
Other areas they may contact you about include:
- completion of mandatory training for clinical placements – required by each Hospital Trust and must be completed before starting;
- opportunity to declare any mitigation in relation to your clinical placements;
- providing a passport-style photograph for your Hospital Trust ID card – some may ask for this in advance.
If you have a question relating specifically to clinical placements or any of the above areas, you should contact the Administrator for your allocated teaching hospital.
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT): Oxford Road (Formerly known as ‘MRI’, ‘CMFT’, or ‘Central’)
Contact details: Adam Mortimer
Tel: +44 (0)161 701 1282
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT): Wythenshawe Hospital
(Formerly known as ‘UHSM’ or ‘South’)
Contact details: Amanda Gould-Sadler
Tel: +44 (0)161 291 5786
Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust (SRFT)
Contact details: Kelly Bright
Tel: +44 (0)161 206 4063
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (LTHTR known as Preston)
Contact details: Claire Weston
Tel: +44 (0)1773 524267