Read this information first
Admissions support on The University of Manchester MB ChB programme
The Direct Entry Administrator for the MB ChB programme will shortly be in touch with you and will be your main point of contact for all the necessary requirements of your offer to study here at Manchester, as well as induction and arrival.
- DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Check or equivalent;
- University Occupational Health screening;
- Tier 4 Visas and issue of CAS (if applicable);
- completion of registration form for your University Student Record;
- timetable for induction days held here at The University of Manchester;
- arranging transport for students to travel from Preston to the induction days (for those based at Preston);
- online registration with The University of Manchester and IT sign-up information;
- instructions on completing the University’s mandatory health and safety, induction and data protection e-learning modules in Blackboard (accessed via 1Med);
- confirmation of clinical education campus allocation (for IMU and Dentists only).
If you have a general query about the MB ChB programme, but are unsure who to contact, the Direct Entry Administrator is the best first point of contact and will be able to answer your query or redirect you to the right person.
Contact: Emma Hamilton
Medicine MBChB programme policies
The full list of policies will be available within the MBChB Programme Handbook, which you will be able to access at the start of the programme. If you have a query about a policy, please contact the Direct Entry Administrator at email@example.com.
In addition to the Direct Entry Administrator, you will have a Year 3 Administrator/Coordinator based at your clinical education campus (NHS staff).
The Year 3 Administrator/Coordinator will get in touch with you quite early in the joining process. They will make all the arrangements for your clinical placements as soon as you start, as well as your ongoing timetable for the programme in the 1Med system.
Other things they may contact you about include:
- completion of mandatory training for clinical placements, which is required by each hospital trust and must be completed before starting;
- the opportunity to declare any mitigation in relation to your clinical placements;
- providing a passport-style photograph for your hospital trust ID card – some may ask for this in advance.
If you have a question relating specifically to clinical placements or any of the above areas, you should contact the Administrator for your allocated teaching hospital.
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT): Oxford Road (formerly known as MRI, CMFT or Central)
Contact details: Adam Mortimer
Tel: +44 (0)161 701 1282
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT): Wythenshawe Hospital (formerly known as UHSM or South)
Contact details: Amanda Gould-Sadler
Tel: +44 (0)161 291 5786
Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust (SRFT)
Contact details: Leanne Tandy
Tel: +44 (0)161 206 4063
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (LTHTR known as Preston)
Contact details: Claire Weston
Tel: +44 (0)1773 524267