University halls

Many first-year students choose to live in university-managed accommodation or ‘halls’, which certainly has its advantages.

If you’re going to be living away from home for the first time, halls can be good preparation for the future as you'll be more independent but without needing to think about the complications of utility bills or landlords. You’ll also be supported by the ResLife team if you need advice or support.

Eden Cady-McKellar, ResLife representative at Unsworth Park explains who the team are, what they do and how they help students in halls. 


If you’re considering living in University halls during your first year then you need to apply as soon as possible, if you haven’t already done so. All new students are guaranteed a place in University accommodation for your first year of study (and for the duration of your studies if you're an international student), as long as you meet certain criteria and apply before 31 August.

When can I apply?

You can apply for University accommodation as soon as you receive your accommodation offer by email. You’ll need to accept your accommodation before completing your registration.

What do I need?

  • Your University ID.
  • A credit or debit card to pay your non-refundable advance licence fee payment.
  • UK bank account details if you wish to pay the remainder of your fees in termly instalments via direct debit.

How do I apply for accommodation?

We'll email your accommodation offer to the email address you provided on your accommodation application. Please check that the email address you provided is correct. The email will contain instructions on how to confirm acceptance of your offer.

Please note: You're usually given a period of four days, from the date the email is sent to you, in which to confirm acceptance. If you don't respond in the set time frame your accommodation offer may be withdrawn. Read your accommodation offer in full and pay a non-refundable £400 advance licence fee payment to secure your place. You can choose to pay the remainder of your fees in full or set up a direct debit to pay in termly instalments.

If for any reason you're unable to respond to your accommodation offer in the set timescale, you should request an extension by emailing us