Pay your fees
Paying tuition fees, either yourself or on behalf of someone else, is easy and straightforward.
There are a number of ways to pay your tuition fees online – including credit/debit card, bank transfer and GlobalPay for international students. For more information please go to our student support pages.
You must pay the total amount of your tuition fees during or prior to online registration at the University, or on an agreed plan in three equal payments throughout the academic year.
If you have a student loan, or have received a bursary or award, or if you are funded by an external sponsor, you will either pay a contribution towards your tuition fees, or nothing at all.
When can I pay my fees?
Whatever your situation, you can pay tuition fees online (if you have an amount to pay) and you can opt to do this before you arrive or during registration. You will be notified when the online registration process is open.
How can I do it?
You, your parents or guardian can pay your tuition fees online by credit/debit card, bank transfer and GlobalPay for international students. The University accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Maestro card.
For more information please go to Student Support.
If you've applied for a tuition-fee loan then this will be covered by Student Finance England, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Student Awards Agency for Scotland and we'll ask for the details in step ten of the registration process.
If you’re unable to complete step ten of registration and are receiving funding from Student Finance, please email a copy of the page entitled 'University or College Payment Advice' to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow the steps below if you're intending to pay your tuition fees using a postgraduate loan:
- Log in to My Manchester and complete registration up until step ten – ‘payment of tuition fees'.
- Submit your UK account details online on the 'Set up Direct Debits and other banking preferences' page.
- Email email@example.com to confirm that you've completed steps 1-9 of registration and added your bank details. When emailing, please include the phrase 'PG Loan' and your student ID in the subject line. The University will then update your record and complete your registration on your behalf. The bank details you've provided will be used to collect the final two instalments of your tuition fees by Direct Debit on the following dates: 23 July 2021 and 15 October 2021.
- The University will confirm your registration to the Student Loans Company (SLC), who will release the first instalment of your postgraduate loan directly to you within five working days. You will then need to make the first payment of your tuition fees, no later than 19 February 2021, by logging into MyManchester.
- The second and third instalments of your postgraduate loan will be released directly to you by the Student Loan Company to coincide with the Direct Debit for your remaining tuition fees by Direct Debit on 23 July 2021 and 15 October 2021.
If you're being sponsored by an external organisation (eg charity, commercial organisation, embassy) please send a copy of your sponsorship letter in advance of your registration date to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor letter requirements
For further information regarding what information the sponsor letter should contain please go to Student Services. Please ask your sponsor to complete the template with confirmation of their sponsorship and send a PDF to: email@example.com
Please submit your sponsor letter as soon as possible, ideally in advance of your registration date, to ensure that the information has been updated and applied to your account – enabling you to complete financial registration online. If you're unable to submit your letter in advance then you'll need to pay the first instalment of your tuition fees at registration, or complete a direct debit mandate.
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) has additional requirements, if you’re applying for a Student Visa and you must also meet the financial requirements of the UKVI.
Once you've paid your fees, registration is now complete!
All you need to do now is collect your student card once you arrive on campus.