Register as a student (new and returning)
Registering online is a crucial part of becoming a student at Manchester.
For most of you, registration will open on the 1 September 2020, and we recommend getting it done as soon as possible, as failure to register before the deadline of 30 September for undergraduates, and 31 October for postgraduates, may incur a £200 charge.
To begin the process, go to My Manchester, the University's student portal, and follow the instructions to confirm your attendance and complete registration online below. You'll need your central username and password which you were given when you activated your IT account.
Once you have your IT Account you need to confirm you'll be joining the course and 'confirm your attendance'.
To confirm your attendance in My Manchester, go to 'Tools' in the top right-hand corner, select 'Student System' from the drop-down menu and click on 'Student Centre'.
You will be asked to accept or decline your place at University. Click 'Accept' or 'Decline'.
Scroll down to the 'Admissions' section and click 'Confirm Attendance/ Withdraw'.
Once completed you will have full access to the My Manchester student portal and you can complete registration.
Please wait 24 hours after confirming your attendance to register.
Registering online is a crucial part of becoming a student here at Manchester. It's an online process that requires you to confirm your personal details, check course information, and pay – or make arrangements to pay – your tuition fees.
What do I need?
- Your IT account username and password (the one you set up when you activated your IT account).
- Personal details and contact details.
- Your term time address – you may need to confirm where you’re living before you complete this. This is the address where you’ll be studying from in the first term, for some of you that will be your student accommodation address. If you’re studying online then it will be your home address.
- Your course details.
How do I do it?
- Go to https://my.manchester.ac.uk/sso/CAMPSOL_registration and login with your new IT account details.
- Go to the ‘Registration’ tab and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you don't see the 'Registration' tab in My Manchester, go to 'Tools' in the top right-hand corner, select 'Student System' from the drop-down menu, click on 'Student Centre' and then 'Register'.
- You have ten sections to complete. At the end of each step, a green 'completed' tick will appear. To go back to a previous section, simply click on the step you want to return to; do not use the back button on your browser.
You'll need to fill in all ten sections to complete your registration, but don't worry, you can come back to it at any time if you need to.
You must upload a photograph in My Manchester before you arrive in Manchester so that your student card can be prepared ready for when you get here. There are some restrictions on the size and style of your photograph.
Once you've completed registration you’ll automatically become a member of the Students' Union. We encourage you to get involved fully with the Union's activities.
Under the Education Act 1994, you may choose to opt-out of your membership of the Students' Union during the first ten days following registration. Your decision to opt-out will affect the remainder of that academic year.
Non-members will be able to use the services of the Students' Union, such as the advice service, but you won’t be able to take part in Union affairs, including voting in Union elections, or become a committee member of a society. If you wish to opt-out of membership, you should inform the General Secretary of the Students' Union in writing no later than ten days after you register.
Please note that the Students' Union is an independent body but has strong links to the University. How we are linked is defined in our Code of Practice.