The Student Pastoral Support (SPS) Team will support you with any welfare needs you may have throughout your time on the medical programme.
The Student Pastoral Support Team is available for face-to-face meetings if you would like to discuss matters outside immediate academic concerns.
They can help you with, amongst other things:
- personal, family, financial or health issues;
- advice regarding mitigating circumstances for assessments and special circumstances for Foundation Training;
- applications to the MB ChB Hardship Fund.
Contact the SPS team
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 1452
The team liaises closely with the Academic Leads for Year 1 and 2, the Year 1 and 2 SPS Tutor and the Year 3, 4 and 5 Clinical Education Campus SPS Teams:
- Associate Programme Director for Student Wellbeing: Dr Pip Fisher oversees both the Pastoral Support Team and the proactive promotion of student wellbeing in the programme.
- Deputy Academic Lead for the Pastoral Support Team: also sees students face to face for pastoral support.
- Pastoral Support Team Manager: Talin Aghanian
- Pastoral Support Team Administrator: Abi Hill
- Pastoral Support Team Assistant: Helen Ashworth
Academic and study support can be obtained from Dr Michelle Webb on firstname.lastname@example.org.